Social Media Ninja
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! The Welcome Card is a systemic adaptable proposal to the current refugee and immigration crises unfolding around the world. The project is one of the five winners of the 2016 What Design Can Do + UNHCR + IKEA Foundation Refugee Challenge and is currently in its implementation phase.
We are currently looking for a Social Media volunteer to join us and support the work of our design researcher and project leader to spread the message of The Welcome Card. You will be working towards developing a Social Media strategy, focused on increasing our Facebook page content and community outreach.
Our team consists of a design researcher, IT management consultant and migration adviser. We are a fluid team, often on the go, based between Sweden and the US. We work mostly on our laptops and come together to brainstorm, support one another and celebrate when we complete an objective!
This position is for you, if:
- you have experience with Social Media platforms (in particular Facebook pages), strategy development, impact analysis, website content creation and copywriting;
- you can create social media content (short and long form) and are a strong storyteller;
- you are fluent in English (please note that this will be the main form of communication within the team). However, if you speak Swedish, Arabic, Persian or other languages, it would be a plus!
- you are flexible with your schedule, can dedicate between 8-10 hours a week for the project, and is available for group meetings, both online and in-person when needed;
- you can dedicate your energy in this project for at least 3 months;
- you might already have experience with the asylum seeking or immigration process, refugee resettlement programs and the work of organizations such as the IRC and UNHCR;
- and last but not least, you can work on your own as well as with a team, you enjoy talking with people, are generally enthusiastic about new ventures and empathic towards the cause of asylum seekers and refugees.
Skills we would like our ninja to have:
- ability to tailor content for our Social Media and website platforms, from editing stories to uploading photos, schedule posts, and create ads;
- ability to create a consistent social media strategy that will increase flow between the Facebook page and the website;
- understanding of Facebook page insight and ability to analyze impact;
- ability to use some visual design software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator and/or PremierePro/AfterEffects.
We intend to craft a position that fits your time, interests and skills! So please, send us your CV along with a couple of lines about who you are and what kind of experience you would like to acquire by joining our team.
Please note: these positions are voluntary and are not compensated with a salary. However, your time is important to us and we can work with you to make it meaningful for your personal growth. If you are looking for credits for school, extra points for work or recommendations for a future job, we are happy to look into these options with you to make your time with us as meaningful as possible.
Email interest and/or questions: email@example.com, or fill out the form below.